Tuesday, January 29, 2019

Time For a Lil Review…


Goodreads Summary:  "Oliver Twist is one of the most well-known stories ever told, about a young orphan who has to survive the mean streets of London before ultimately being rescued by a kindly benefactor.

But it is his friend, the Artful Dodger, who has the far more intriguing tale, filled with more adventure and excitement than anything boring Oliver could possibly get up to. Throw in some vampires and a plot to overthrow the British monarchy, and what you have is the thrilling account that Charles Dickens was too scared to share with the world."

My Summary:  "Vampires with some connection to the old tale of Oliver Twist."

My Favorite Character:  I'm gonna say Drina.  I won't give too much away cuz there is a lil surprise with her but she was a tough chick & upfront, I liked her.

My Likes:  how the author thought of all this crazy stuff that could have been connected to Oliver Twist.  Now, I've never read Oliver Twist so I would like someone to read both & then let me know what your thoughts are.

My Dislikes:  how slowly it started out.  It took a bit for me to get into it & I was starting to worry that I made a mistake with reading it but it got good & held my interest to the end.

What I Learned:  ah, that Disney's Oliver & Company was their version of Oliver Twist.  I had no frickin' idea about that.  Ha!  Oliver & Company was the first movie I saw in the theater.  :)

Who I Would Recommend This To:  anyone that has read Oliver Twist & people that like a good vampire story...but remember to give it a chance.

Rating:  3/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

Makes Me Happy Pics...

My Storm Trooper sweater dress. Polito's while watching Friends - WINNING! Playing Exploding Kittens with the family....